Saturday 12 November 2016

My Daughter


No, she won't lay there long,
May be hurt, but she will stand
She will run more a mile 
For she is my daughter!

No, she won't cry on wounds
May be painful, but she will dust off
She will fight back like a soldier
For she is my daughter.

No, she won't be pulled back
The society won't be a hurdle,
Her destination is sky high,
For she is my daughter.

She wouldn't be a puppet,
She won't dress for the society 
She won't speak as per the society,
She won't behave as per the society.
For she is my daughter.
She will wear her freedom, 
Speak her freedom and 
Behave like the free birds in life.

I wont warn her to be safe,
I would guide her to be bold.
I wont stop her from laughing,
I would guide her to be a free woman.
I wont warn her to be far from men
I would guide her to be as strong as men
I wont close the doors for her safety,
I would open all the doors for her to live life.

For she is my daughter!!
She won't live by the society,
She would make her mark on it,
She would be rock steady to deal bullies,
She would be an inspiration for women 
In home prisons!!

She would go deaf to the noises around,
She would listen to her inner voice,
She would stand for everything,
She believe is right
She would carve out her own path,
She would follow her hearts desire

For she is my daughter! 
....Nayan


No comments:

Post a Comment