Monday 20 May 2013

FADED STERN


                           FADED STERN

The fingers that helped me stand,
The hands that helped me walk,
The shoulders were I stood tall,
The eyes that instructed me,
          His words were my principles,
His directions formed my goals
His rules carved my character,
And, his guidance was my pillar.
The fingers, the hands, the shoulders, the eyes,
have all calmed down ……..
          His eyes are dim,
          His hands are still,
          His shoulders lay down.
He left me,
Nowhere to hold on,
All paths seemed dark and unsafe,
My steps were unstable,
My vision went blurred……
But still,
His words that supported me then,
is supporting me now,
his directions guided me then,
and are guiding me now,
on the base of his trust,
I today stand on my legs.
He stuffed in me his qualities,
That formed my spine for life.
He left me in the vast ocean (life), but
Instilled in me the quality of swimming (character)
Helping to achieve success I thrived for.
          Every penny I earn,
          I owe to him.
          Indebted for,
          indebted to him for my present.
Even today in a corner down,
My heart mourns,
And with tears it says in low,
...........................DAD I MISS YOU............................


                                                                                          

                                                               NAYAN.,....

    TITLE courtesy: mustafa abid changi

No comments:

Post a Comment