Sunday 4 August 2013

'THE GREEN DAYS OF FRIENDSHIP'


                           'THE GREEN DAYS OF FRIENDSHIP' 


I don’t remember the lectures I attended

Nor the projects I submitted;

But,

I sure had a spark on the lectures we bunked,

The moments we got punished.

The days when studying home didn’t work,

But,

Hours of group study did.

The assignments where the quality of answers didn’t matter,

But the quantity of pages was a concern.

Memories of writing for those two hours isn’t funny,

But,

What we wrote for those two hours was surely humorous.

The physical presence in the lectures was a point,

But, the mental presence below the desk (mobile) was the highlight.

It was never about the professionalism of industrial visit;

But,

Of the blast we had in the bus journey.

The group pics on tie day wasn’t nostalgic,

But the weird poses and random clicks were.

It wasn’t about the pizzas we ordered,

But about the tiffin’s we grabbed.

It wasn’t about the love affairs of couples amongst;

But,

About friends shouting our names before crush.

I don’t smile remembering the appraisals I earned,

But,

I do shyly laugh still remembering the teasing names they called.

The days that would never return,

The days that would remain green forever,

The days of love care & friendship.

Remembering the days, I don’t sigh for the moments of past,

But;

I am in tears feeling,

The bonding of love & friendship we shared…………..

 DEDICATED TO ALL MY BESTIES.......

                                                                             NAYAN RAMESH

No comments:

Post a Comment